Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Welcome to Spring 2010!

This is the course blog for College Writing II at MSCTC. Each student has access to post to this site. So does anyone else in the world: my friends, your parents, a teenager from Istanbul, etc. :)

Let me layout some basic guidelines beyond what I put in the handouts in D2L:

1. When you create your profile or log-in name, please make it something I'll recognize so I can grade accordingly.

2. Keep posts academic in tone and diction. They can be personal but should not be information you would not want to share with the world.

3. See these sources for help on posting, for directions on linking to another page, and tips on editing your posts.

4. Please do not write about other classes/instructors in this blog unless it is relevant to the unit materials and is not personal/rant-ish.

To get started with the blog, look for an email from me with the subject "You have been invited to contribute to J. Beyer's blog." It contains instructions for joining the blog.

The posts below are ones I have saved from previous students. They are good models of what you will be doing with this blog.

No comments: