Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been

This story upsets me because things like this actually happen and people like Arnold Friend do exist in the world. Arnold Friend creeps me and makes me sick to my stomach the way he talks to Connie, a young girl. It really bothers me when he says, "And I'll come inside you where it's secret and you'll give in to me and you'll love me--" (Oates 517). To me he is a twisted man who obviously has some problems. "I hated that he manipulated Connie by telling her that he would hurt her family if she called the police or did not come with him. It also makes me said that he tells her that they would have never done that for her. I did like the ending because I am sure that he did bad things to her and I would not want to have read them so I like that the author left it in the air.

No comments: