Monday, January 25, 2010

A & P

In my eyes A&P was a story of a boy reaching out for an unattainable girl who seemed to be able to control the actions of the boy without ever darting an eye towards him. The story kept my attention while describing "Queenie" as though she were a goddess. I feel the imagery details involved in this story were very captivating. The fact that Sammy had quit his job in such informality wasn't surprising to me; a teenage boy will do almost anything to captivate a girl into his world. When Sammy says “hold me tight”, it’s as if he is dreaming of an inconceivable achievement. Sammy realized in his mind she was the type of girl to play games and lead others, but yet he still pushed for bulletproof evidence that this girl was not his. Sammy had to do something drastic to book the realization that his incompetence had got him into trouble. Sammy had an epiphany that probably ended up changing his life. When he states “my stomach kind of fell as I felt how hard the world was going to be to me hereafter”, he realizes what he has done will affect his future and relationships had been tainted due to one spontaneous decision.

No comments: