Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rose for Emily

This story written by William Faulkner was a strange story because of the order and the ending. The narrator of this story was a man who had lived in the same town as Emily and knew quite a bit about her life. For me personally because this story was told out of order it was hard for me to follow. Emily's father died and because of that I think that was a reason why she wanted to keep Homer. I think that she didn't want to be alone and she didn't want to lose yet another man. So she killed Homer and ultimately he never left her. In the end of the story it was said that she would lay next to his decaying body because some men saw that there was an indentation of a head in the pillow next to Homer with a strand of iron-gray hair. That to me was very strange and unexpected.

No comments: