Monday, April 14, 2008

Stop All the Clocks

This poem "Stop all the clocks,cut the telephone" by W.H. Auden seems to be about this girl who has lost her loved one. He must have died because line 6 says "Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead." The woman (or whoever else you may think this person is) acts like this is the end of the world. He was my North, my South, my East and West,/My working week and my Sunday rest,/My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;/I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong. (l.9-12) When someone dies yes it is hard, but she makes everything sound like the world should stop. This was an easy poem to follow. I enjoyed reading it.
Another thing that i noticed was that the word aeroplanes is spelt differently. I dont get why it is spelt this way.

No comments: