Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Kite Runner

The Kite Runner was alright at first but after 80 more pages it got even better. Two things that sticks in my head are the images of all the people riding in the oil truck, and when Kamal's father was holding Kamal, and he took Karim's gun and put it in his mouth, and killed himself. These were some very strong moments in the story to me.
I'm still confused with what is happening with the Russian's. I wish they would have told us more. I'm not very good with history so it would be nice to know what is happening.
I'm sad that they had to leave Kabul. They seem so lost in the United States with it being so advanced. When Baba gets in trouble at the store for taking stuff he thinks that nothing is wrong. He thought that he could pay later like he would in Kabul. He was a big man back in his town and now he is nothing but an average person in California. So it is sad that he worked so hard to be at the top and then he comes over to the US and know he is nothing.
I'm really enjoying the story as of now hopefully it gets even better.

No comments: