Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Kite Runner

In "The Kite Runner" a novel by Hosseini, Khaled I was some what lost. I didn't under stand why Amir, and his father were all of a sudden were fleaing their country. I just thought that Baba was going to visit his brother. I don't know how they could just sit there, and listen to rats. I now know that it was so they could live. I guess if I was in that situation I would try to talk my mind into that the rats were something else. The rats were nothing compaired to crawling into a gas tank. Panic. You open your mouth. Open it so wide your jaws creek. You order your lungs to draw air, NOW, you need air, need it NOW.(106) I really do feel bad for any kind of human being having to go through any of that. Sometimes events in life, like war seems so unnessary. People face enough challenges in life, for instance, Baba when he got cancer. There's nothing he could do. I was very glad that Baba was able to see his only child get married, before he died peacefully. I also admired Baba very much for starting a new life in America. In Kabul he was very wealthy, and everybody looked up to him. In America, he worked very hard for what he and Amir had. I think everything started looking up, once they decided to go to garage sales, and to sell what they got in their flea market. That's when Baba's, and Amir's life got better. They could feel more at home with their fellow country men. Amir's secert still seems to haunt him, even though he's in America, and has a beautiful wife, and starting his adulthood.

1 comment:

Kaylin said...

I agree about the comment of people having to go through instances like that, (fleeing the country in a gas tank for instance, the way people have to live in other countries). I know that illnesses are a part of life, but poverty, discrimnation, and other countries should not be so horrible!