Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Kite Runner

Amir has really lost his mind this time!! I can't believe he would put his watch and some money under Hassan's pillow and then let Hassan take the blame just to get more of his dad's attention. I think Amir is very self centered and isn't a good friend to Hassan. Hassan, on the the other hand, is a very good friend to Amir. He took the blame knowing that he didn't take Amir's stuff and wouldn't ever do that. I think Baba accepted Hassan's apology because he didn't really believe Hassan would do that. I am glad Amir was shocked when Baba said, "'I forgive you.'" (105) to Hassan. It was unfortunate that Ali and Hassan decided to move but I think it was a good lesson for Amir and I think it would help Hassan and he wouldn't be treated like crap by his so called "friend."
I am glad Amir and Baba got to America and that Amir found a girlfriend. It's sad that Baba was diagnosed with cancer. I don't understand why he didn't want anyone to know about it and why he said, "'But no chemo medication for me.'" (156) Baba is a very strong willed person and I think Baba getting cancer is some kind of payback for Amir being so cruel to Hassan and will make him realize not to take advantage of his loved ones and the ones who truly love and care for him.

No comments: