Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Kite Runner

I really feel bad for Baba, his son is a horrible person he has lost everthing that he worked his whole life for and now he has cancer that is inoperable. All his son can worry about is himself. He set up Hassan to try to help himself to forget about what happened, and now he wants his dad to take chemo so his dad will be there for him, how selfish can one person be. If I was Baba i would have to ask Amir to grow up and tell him to take a long look in the mirror and find out who he really is. I dont know why a boy and a girl cannot talk to each other if there is no adult present. I really want to learn about Afghan customs. Also I dont understand some words in the book. When Amir and Baba are fleeing Kabul it makes me think about how that was not made up real people had to go through that same kind of situatuion, it makes me thankful for what I have. One subject I am confused about is why Baba wants to hide his cancer from everyone. "And one more thing. No one finds out about this, you hear me? No one" (Hossseini 156). I dont understand why he doesnt want anyone to find out about it, he makes it seem like its his own fault he got cancer. Hosseini really did an excellent job making it seem like you were actually in the story. When they are in the fuel truck he makes it seem like you are right there with them, like you can smell exactly what they are smelling. I'm also starting to wonder when Amir will stop thinking of himself, maybe him getting married will help.

No comments: