Tuesday, November 25, 2008

In the beginning of the poem I was not sure what it was about besides the obvious that the speaker is describing this photo of his father from when he was younger. The last three lines of this poem gave it a real meaning. I found it interesting how something as simple as a photograph can rise these emotions out the speaker, “…Father, I love you, / yet how can I say thank you, I who can’t hold my liquor either, / and don’t even know the places to fish?” (13-15) This story touched me because it really shows how a parent influences their children and the effects that may have on the child. It also got me thinking about the things that I do now and how they may effect someone else. I hope that no one every sees a old picture of me and it brings up memories that want to be forgotten or bad thoughts of the person that I am.

No comments: