Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Papa's Waltz

This is the type of poem that I enjoying reading because it demonstrates an idea that makes me have emotions. I hated reading this poem because it was upsetting that something like this had happened to someone, "You beat me time on my head" (13). It is disturbing to hear this but it is good for people to have knowledge about the world than to be ignorant about such issues. One of the things in this poem that really upset me is that the father acted as if nothing had happen, "Then waltzed me off to bed" (15). To me it seems like the waltz was the boy and father dancing back and forth from the abuse to everything being fine in their lives. I know it may be hard for the boy but at sometime I would hope that he would shut the music off and end the dance between them.

No comments: