Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"The Storm"

Like I said in class, I would assume that this was a marriage due to pregnancy. The reason I think this is because, I don't think A women who was truly happy in her marriage would of risk the infidelity.
Since Calixta never reached a climax with her own husband, suggest to me that she was not that in love with him. Calixta was probably content in her marriage, but I don't believe she as truly happy.
I think Calixta, and Alcee have probably lusted after each other, and with given the right circumstances, they both acted on those feelings.
Being that Alcee is ok that his wife stays away for a while, I believe he is wanting more than just a one time fling. And I think Calixta will go on to being content in her marriage.
Obviously Calixta has no shame in what she did, and will probably take this secret to her grave.

1 comment:

Kayla Kubischta said...

I agree with everything you have said! Alcee and Calixta must have had, and will probably continue to have, consistent feelings for each other. I think that part of the enjoyment in sex envolves who you are having it with and if Calixta's husband isn't turning her on enough, I'd expect her to want to "experiment" with someone who does. She seems like she has settled in life, but it is apparent that she is unhappy. It is definitely sad that her husband doesn't ever discover her true feelings, although, he is her husband so he probably does know, but refuses to acknowledge it.