Monday, January 28, 2008

A Rose for Emily

After I finished reading this I was a little disturbed from the ending. You never would have thought that something like that was going to happen . It was almost like she was obsessed with him or dead people! If I was Emily, I would be pretty mad about all the townspeople getting into my business all the time. It seemed as if they cared about her when they were in front of her but behind her back they were talking crap about her!I am not sure why they named it "A Rose for Emily"? There are so many ways that you could interpret it and you would never know unless you were the author. (122). I wish that they would have had added more to the story about Homer and their relationship they had. I didn't get why in the story the townspeople automatically assumed that they were married because they were hanging out all the time . I guess it was just the time period or they were all wanting her to get married and be happy. She was a weird person but that's what made this story so good! I thought that this story should have had a little more detail because at certain times I got confused! Overall this was a really good story and I enjoyed reading it. It was just the beginning that freaked me out!

No comments: