Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Yellow Wallpaper

WOW!! This is one of the most interesting, and intriging story I have ever read. I felt really bad for her. Her own husband is keeping her hostage. No wonder why she's suffering from post partum depression. She gets treated like a child. Her husband, John, and sister-in-law, Jeannie are keeping her inside the house. They didn't allow her have any outside contact. So no wonder why she fell into a deep depression. All she could do is freak out on the wallpaper. I don't know why they wouldn't even let her write. By the middle of the story she kept getting worse, and worse. She was clearly losing her mind, and sainty. I was wondering who she was referring to as the women. When I went to class to discuss it is when I realized that it was herself. I was glad that she "got out at last in spite of you and Jane".

No comments: