Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Yellow Wallpaper

When I read this story I thought that it was pretty good, and it kept my attention, but after the class discussion I liked it even more. I thought that she had killed herself with the rope, and that led me to believe that that was why John had fainted. With all the different views from everyone else in the class I now see the ending to be different. I went back and read it and I think that John fainted because he was shocked to see her acting the way she was.
When she kept saying things about the women that was kind of odd. I wasn't sure if it was her or if she was imagining someone else in the room with her. The neat part of the story though was when she said in Paragraph 265 "I've got out at last," said I, "in spite of you and Jane." I was like what?! After reading about john going away for a while i thought that maybe she thought he was having an affair, and Jane was this other woman. I now understand that she was refering to herself.
I was kind of confused before the class discussion but after hearing what everyone thought about it made it easier to understand.

No comments: