Wednesday, February 13, 2008

"A&P"

Sammy is trying to show the girls that came to A&P that he is some kind of hero for sticking up for them and quitting his job but in actuallity I don't think the girls even noticed or cared. I don't believe they really even noticed or cared about Sammy while they were in the store. I am glad Sammy stuck up for the girls by saying "I quit." Updike 223 and "You didn't have to embarass them." Updike 223 but he didn't have to quit his job because now not only does he not get any of the girls, he doesn't have a job either. If Sammy didn't like his job in the first place then maybe this was a good excuse for him to quit but otherwise it was not a mature thing for him to do. Also, I think Sammy had a sense of accomplishment for himself when he quit, like he wouldn't let someone boss him around, in this case he should have been more wise though because after all it was his boss.
Sammy now knows he is growing up and has alot of responsibilty and may not be easy. "...and my stomach kind of fell as I felt how hard the world was going to be to me hereafter." Maybe he realized that quitting wasn't such a great idea after all.

No comments: