Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Doe Season

In this story I think Andy is pressured into doing stuff with her dad that isn’t something a typical girl would normally do. She pretends to enjoy it but deep down inside I think she wishes she were doing something else somewhere else. I think she gets really annoyed by Mac and Charlie Spoon. When she goes for a walk she sees the doe and she tells it to leave and get out of here or it’ll die. I think she really cares about the animals but she doesn’t want to let her dad know that. But when her dad asks her if she wants to shoot it or not she thinks to herself for awhile. I think she takes all her built up anger from the trip out on the doe and that’s what makes her shoot it. She thinks to herself “what have I done?” (Kaplan 456). After that incident she realizes that when Mac asked her “which does she like Andy or Andrea?” (Kaplan 463). She made it pretty clear at the end of the story that she wanted to be called Andrea, when she was running away crying (Kaplan 467).

No comments: