Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been

Connie must have been scared out of her wits from this guy. Arnold Friend sounds like a greaseball pervert. I feel that he could have been a pedophile. In paragraph150 page 520 "This place you are in now-inside your daddy's house-is nothing but a cardboard box I can knock down anytime." To me that sounds like a threat. Arnold sounds like a man who likes to rape little girls. This guy is the scum of the earth.It kind of reminds me of a wolf and a lamb. Connie being the sweet little lamb and Arnold being the big bad wolf. To Arnold,Connie is just a sex-type thing. Arnold's state of mind is " You know you want it baby and I am going to give it to you." "You wouldn't make me have to hurt you too." I feel that the title means alot of things. For example "Where are you going,"can mean that Connie is going to hell because Arnold is the devil. "Where have you been," could be a sick and twisted way of Arnold thinking that Connie is a little whore. I also believe that Arnold's state of mind is " I'm gonna learn ya some philosphy." That is, If Connie complies and gets in the car with him. However, Arnold's other altered state of mind is more violent. " Your gonna know about atrocity," if Connie does not comply and take the ride. I am just curious how the ending turned out. Does Connie's father return or does she call the cops.

No comments: