Tuesday, February 5, 2008

"The Kite Runner" pgs 1-79

I didn't think I would like this novel at first but now I can't put it down and I find myself reading every spare minute I get.
I like that Amir plays with Hassan even though him and Ali are their servants but at the same time I don't know why they are Baba's servants when he treats them so well. I think it's wonderful that Baba treats Hassan as well as Amir if not better since he hasn't had a pleasant life and I think it teaches Amir to be greatful for what he has and he shouldn't be jealous that his father is nice enough to share his caringness with others.
On the other hand I don't like how Amir treats Hassan sometimes, like how he makes fun of him when he asks questions or when he didn't stick up for Hassan when Assef was about to beat him up and rape him in the alley, I mean after all Hassan was the one who stuck up for himself and Amir when he pulled out his sling shot a few days before when Assef was causing trouble with them. I hope Amir gets over being selfish and realizes that Hassan is a true friend and that those are hard to find. I also hope that Amir starts to treat Hassan better and helps him learn to read and write instead of making fun of him when he asks questions since Hassan doesn't have the option to go to school and learn those things.

No comments: