Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Kite Runner

So far I feel that this story is for the most part interesting. Before I started reading the book I will admit, I did not want to have to read it. Shortly after starting to read it I found myself interested in it. Amir and Hassan do have a somewhat different friendship. I noticed that Amir was not willing to step up and help a friend when his friend needed him the most. I would think that in that unfortunate event being that Amir was able to interfere, he should have done everything in his power to do so. Hassan and Amir come from completely different households. Amir comes from a household that does well and has a nice house to show for it. Hassan comes from a household that is the opposite. It is hard to believe that each of there Father's are brothers. As of right now, my question would be "What is the whole point of Kite Running?" I also wish I knew more about the culture of the people in Afghanistan. As much as it has been in the news, I still do not have a whole lot of knowledge about the culture. I think some knowledge of the culture would help in reading the book. Also checking out the movie would probably be somewhat helpful for some comparison to the book. One thing is for certain in the first 79 pages of this book......the rest of the book will get even more interesting as it goes on.

No comments: