Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Kite Runner

I feel that Amir is a troubled child which yearns for his fathers attention but has yet to find it. I believe his father has trouble showing his feelings towards his son, because he is dissapointed in him. Baba says, "Sometimes I look out this window and I see him playing on the street with the nieghborhood boys. I see how they push him around, take his toys from him, give him a shove here, a whach there. And, you know, he nver fights back. Never. He just...drops his head" (Hosseini 22). He then goes on saying that if he hadnt seen his wife give birth he never would belive it was his son. When Amir is looking for Hassan and he comes across them in the alley and sees his freind in trouble he just does nothing. "I could step into that alley, stand up for Hassan -the way he'd stood up for me all those times int the past-and accept whatever would happen to me. Or I could run. In the end, I ran" (Hosseini 77). I dont understand why Amir does nothing to help his friend while he is getting rapped. He just looks away and leaves Hassan there. I could never just leave me friend there, I don't care if I got beat down with him at least I would of tried. I think that shows Amirs real character, COWARD! I feel that carma will be coming back around and Amir will have to pay for what he didnt do. To make things worse Hassan would do anything for the happiness of Amir. He protected Amir the first time Assef came around bullying them, yet when Amir has the chance to save his friend from getting rapped he just runs away.

No comments: