Monday, February 4, 2008

Kite Runner

I really enjoy this novel so far. I think it would be a little more helpful if I knew more about the Afghanistani culture and the reasons why they do what they do. Cause I'm not really understanding the whole kite runner event they hold. Its obvious that Amir is jealous of Hassan and Baba's relationship and I think he'll do anything to get his dad to accept him. Which makes me mad that when Hassan needed him the most he chose to be a coward instead of sticking up for not only Hassan but himself. Hassan's loyalty to Amir and his personality make my heart melt. Along with when Amir was making fun of Ali and the way he walks when they went to get naan (8).

Why doesn't Baba call Ali his brother? I mean Baba's father did adpot Ali after his family was killed by those two boys. But instead he makes him and his son his servants. I can't believe that he would do that to them. Baba does the right thing by asking Hassan to come with when they go places or do something, he treat Hassan better then he does his own step brother. Its amazing that Baba gave Hassan the birthday gift of getting his cleft lip fixed; thats such a life changing gift that he'll never forget. I only wish that Hassan could go to school and learn with Amir even though Amir does take the time to read to him and Hassan does ask questions if he doesn't know what something means; so in a sense he is learning along with Amir.

No comments: